Q: How long is the massage licensing program at BMS?
A: Our traditional program at BMS is 651 hours and runs approximately seven and a half months depending on time off due to holidays. The bilingual program at BMS is 513 hours and runs a little over six months depending on time off due to holidays.

Q: Do you have financial aid available? How much is tuition?
A: No state or federal financial aid is available. However, Bellevue Massage School does work with students to set up payment plans if necessary and also has VA funding available if applicable. Tuition for the full program is $11,900.00 plus the cost of books. Some discounts are available.

Q: What days and times are classes?
A: Our traditional program holds classes on:
AM Section: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8am to 1pm or
PM Section: Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Both Sections, in addition to the weekday schedule, join together every Saturday for a 9am - 3pm class.

Our bilingual program holds classes on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Q: Is Bellevue Massage School accredited with the State of Washington?
A: Yes. BMS is state approved through the Department of Health, Board of Massage and with the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board.

Q: If I complete my massage schooling at BMS, am I licensed? Can I begin working right away?
A: No. Upon satisfactorily completing the massage program at BMS you will receive a Certificate of Completion that will enable you or make you eligible to sign up for the MBLEX licensing exam administered through the FSMTB. After passing the MBLEX exam and sending in a massage application to the Department of Health, Washington State will issue you a license to practice massage. Only then can you legally practice massage on the public for compensation.

Q: If I go to school and get my license in Washington State then move out of state, can I practice massage where I move?
A: No. You must work with the state you have moved into and obtain a license in that state. Additional schooling may or may not be required depending on where you move.

Q: If I am licensed in another state and move into Washington State, can Bellevue Massage School help me obtain my license in Washington?
A: Yes. Bellevue Massage School offers a Transfer Student Program for that very situation. Contact us and we will walk you through the process.

Q: With all of the changes with healthcare in America, is Massage Therapy a good field to be getting into?
A: Yes. The Massage Therapy profession is very solid and actually enjoys a current situation where the demand for therapists exceeds the supply.

Q: I did not graduate from High School but I do have my GED, can I attend massage school?
A: Yes. The state of Washington requires that an individual need be 17.5 years old with a GED or greater to be eligible to attend an approved massage licensing program that lasts at least six months.

Q: What kind of income can I expect as a Licensed Massage Practitioner?
A:According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the annual mean salary for a Washington licensed massage therapist is $54,110, which is among the highest annual salaries in the nation.